Monday, January 25, 2010

Ballad

Hey, Hey, Hey there .

What, What, What’s your name??

Come, Come, come and have fun.

Please Please play with me

I am too too bored

Come Come and play with me

Hahaha hohoho

Lets have fun tonight.

I wish I wish that you could come .

But since you cant

It’s Ok

Then come again another day.

I will b waiting until you come

So until then………

I will be shouting for you

So then I will see you again!

3 comments:

  1. 1.Summarize the ballad. What impressions or feelings do you have towards it?

    I am completely confused by this "ballad." It does not have 8-10 syllables per line, a proper rhyme scheme, or a rhythm. I am not sure how this is supposed to remotely connect to telling a narrative about a relationship. Meaningless repetition of words that fill up space cannot be described as anything else but deplorable. As I read the poem, I asked myself, what is the point of this poem?

    2.Analyze the rhyme scheme. What is it and how does it contribute to the ballad?
    The rhyme scheme is nonexistent.

    3.Pick three words that are a good word choice. Why?
    I am not sure if these three words (fun, bored, play) are considered good word choice, but they are the only words that stood out to me from the entire poem. I think that these words pretty much sums up the poem. He is bored, and he wants to have fun and play.

    4.What story is the ballad telling? (What is the message of the poem?)
    The ballad tells us about someone who is bored to death that asks someone to come again to play with him.

    5.What poetic devices (figures of speech) did the poet use? Why?
    Poetic devices cannot be found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brief summary of the poem is that he is calling someone, because he is lonely. He wants the one whom he is missing to come back to him.

    There is no rhyme scheme.

    The three good words, I think, are bored, fun, play. Those words show well that how he feels right now. The feeling he has is that he is bored, because there is no one to play with right now. They are all gone somewhere, so he misses them.

    The ballad tells his loneliness. Those whom he used to play with have gone somewhere. So he is calling them to come back to him.

    I cannot find any.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you need to formulate your story a little bit more. Some of the words seem out of place.

    ReplyDelete